Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Shading Exercises


This is one of my first sketches. I used the vertical stroking method and experimented a little with different darknesses etc.

This is one of my other cube exercises. It is gradually getting better, I wish I would have used darker shadings throughout the sketch.


This is one of my favorite shading exercises so far. I think I prefer the darker contrasting vertical strokes.


This is one of my first sketches using the scribble theory. I really liked the result s and had fun shading it in. I wish it was slightly darker.


This is the most recent sketch of cubes I did. It was the vertical method. I believe this is my best and favorite attempt in one. I am happy to see progress with my work.


This is the shading sketch of one of my models for studio class. It is my first attempt at the IARC version of "The Tree of Life." I also used cross hatching in this exercise.

This is my last sketch. It was the vertical method again which I seem to favor. I wish I would have done the background differently, but I still really enjoyed the box shadings and the overall piece.

1 comment:

that's just it said...

these are nice. Just be patient. Really taking the time to make your lines straight will pay off in the end. Also work on your gray scale. Alot of your darks and lights seem to be almost the same. OVer all they are nice finished drawings.
keep it up!