Monday, October 8, 2007

Self Portrait Project











The Objective of this project was to make 8 self portraits of yourself. Along with the portraits you should make some type of stand, display to house your portraits in. The housing can not take up more than 18 by 18 inches. The idea that came to me was to emphasize different features that I like about myself in drawings. I drew one picture of a runner, showing my love to run and be active. It also demonstrates my will power and commitment to my team and juggling college life. Another drawing that I have that was placed on top of my display was my version of my best friend, Lyndsey and I hugging on graduation day. This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. That day was very memorable and it shows how I appreciate everyone that I love in my life and that is one of my top priorities as well. Another drawing I added was an outline of my hair. I thought this was a good drawing to add because many people tell me that my hair is different, it is lighter in the front and darker behind. I also think I am one of the few blondes in class and this would be a good way to know who created this sculpture. My smile is another characteristic that most people compliment me on, I love smiling and I think it makes people feel at ease. I also decided to weave the wire in the teeth to show I have had braces before, this shows everyone is not perfect and there are things that we do not know about each other. I did a more abstract piece in all blue because that is the mood I was feeling when I drew this piece and it comforted me to promote a different style of drawing. I made a sketch of me in my favorite pink hat. I liked this one because the only color I added was in the hat and eyes. I think this makes the piece a little fun and different. Along with the pink hate piece I did another piece outlining only few colors of my features. April told me it reminded her of one of those Barbie cross sketch boards, I thought that was an interesting take. Since it was my first drawing, I wanted to do something fun and simple to show the outward look of me. The last drawing on my piece is a marker sketch of my eye. This was one of my most fun pieces to draw. It was hard trying to blend colors with markers and I thought of it as an adventure. I added my eye because not only is it unique how they change colors, but it also represents my eye for art and different pieces of architecture. The sculpture of the piece was made to resemble an "artistic tree." I wanted something that was growing vertically from the floor and had "branches" off of it. It shows that this is who I am, but with growth and experience there is more still to come.

No comments: