Monday, October 8, 2007

met-a-mor-pho-sis

Choose two 3 dimensional projects to work with: one from the person above you and one from directly below you listed on the Interior Architecture Blog.folio link list. Experiment to see what occurs as these projects evolve into one another.

These are 12 thumbnail sketches I created. I tried to morph both Stephanie and Troy's projects together to create something completely new. In this process I feel a lot of my drawings are fairly similar, but serve good purposes.

This is an outline of my metamorphosis.

These are all three of my projects I produced.





This is the project that has more of Stephanie's idea. It was based off of her Memory Box that held the celebration of Bastille Day in a pop-up box. I added the stripe to represent Troy's pencil box's simplicity. I also made shelves inside to make a tighter space to hold objects, similiar to Troy's pencil box design.




This is the "middle" project. I started off with several ideas and molded it into one combined outcome. The project is a different color because this is before I knew we could only use one project from each person. I chose the teal color to represent Stephanie's egg in her leaf covered egg project, I also used Troy's memory box's first iteration with the grid design at the bottom. I also took Stephanie's memory box with the tabs that open up, similar to the fireworks popping out when you open the box. I took Troy's pencil box into consideration with the tight fit of pencils and the vertical shaped project.




This was my more Troy based project. I decided to base it off of his pencil case. It was almost the exact thing, I took the simplicity of his coloring and opening construction. I tried to incorporate Stephanie's project with the knob on the front and again the compartments inside.

No comments: