Monday, December 10, 2007

All Around the World

France
I believe a lot of the french decorating styles are similar to any european style. I know each country has a different or special element, but I believe a lot of them incorporate nicely together. Whenever I see french designs I think straight edge and clean. Sometimes I also see a lot of formal elements in their style. Lots of floral prints and heavy drapery. I love French decorating. I feel they take a more artistic approach to the word decorating. Maybe this has something to do with the fashion capital of the world?
http://www.houseandgarden.com/renovate/directory/interior/jacquesgrange
Architectual Digest September 2007

England
The overall style of English homes I feel is very cozy. Whenever I look at english decorating I think of a cottage or house nestled in a back field with wildflowers. I feel many of the influences are country oriented. Many of the homes have beautiful, vibrant gardens. This is also another quality of english work; the plant life. Looking at anything in the english colonies you will notice a lot of green and ponds, lakes etc. Another production of the english is also the flower prints. They are everywhere from inside their homes and on their town corners.
The English Home August 2007

No comments: