Saturday, December 8, 2007

Interior Environments


This piece was appropriately titled formal bathroom. I was in love with the rich reds in this space. I am a huge fan of stripes and this room really added a great level of contrast and prestige. The chandelier and other lighting fixtures also help add to the formal feel. The armoire is a rather large part of this picture, which makes me feel like it over powers the room, but I can not see the whole space to throughly judge that. I love the contrast between the red and white and gray slate flooring.

This foyer is very "themed." It shows complete spanish influence in every aspect. I have to say I enjoy looking at the different types of styles and this piece is no different. The moldings alone in this room show the detailed architecture of the spanish culture. I feel like this piece would not fit in with any type of house. It caters to spanish inspired homes and spaces. I also feel that it would not fit in a small sized home. The banister is one thing I would change about this space. I think the wood is too heavy and an iron staircase would look more presentable.

This space is very customized. I think the windows are very appealing and add not only light, but color and detail into the room. The beams, trim and furniture are all made of dark wood making this space very warm and inviting. I want to run on the curved comfy sofa and cuddle up with some hot chocolate on a cold winter night.The room appears to be very clean and organized.
Compliments of: http://www.collaboratedesign.com/


I really enjoyed critiquing this room. It looks very crisp and clean. It is very kid oriented and demonstrates a very organized space. The color work very well together, the sage, navy and brick all work well and the red makes the space pop. The idea is cute and simple. I really liked the font on the ceiling as well.

This space is very kid friendly. Personally it is not my style and I would change a lot of things about it. The painting is cute and colorful, but I feel the beds do not match this same kid friendly theme. I think the benches are a neat idea, they add the locker room aspect to the room. I think the baseball bat wood should have been incorporated in the room in someway. It would have added a more natural feeling.

This kitchen is very color complimentary. It includes very European inspired barstools which help to add to the Italian style kitchen. I feel this space is very well used considering how small it is. The working triangle is very accessible which is another bonus. This space has both attractive lighting and a ceiling fan. I think this space is used to the fullest of its potential. The only thing I would add is possibly a rug infront of the sink and the bar, there may be one there already, but you can not see in this picture.

This space is a lot different style then many of the other pictures I have critiqued. The colors compliment each other very well. The black wood in the room helps pronounce the colors in a more dramatic way. I enjoy the earth tones, but I know most people do not feel the same way. I think the carpet needs to be altered, but that is just one small addition I would alter to make the room more visually pleasing.

These photos were taken from: http://www.andiinteriors.com/


This picture is very pleasing the eye. It reminds me of the Breaker's mansion located in Newport, Rhode Island. The windows are opened to a beautiful patio outside almost every room. The ceiling is very detailed and colorful. It brings life to the room through the tiles and patterns located on them. The fireplace is also very beautiful, it looks as if it is made of a stone or marble material. I also really enjoy the painting above the mantle. It is complimented with two candle sticks that work very well in this space. Not only do I appreciate the painting, but the way it is just casually placed rather than hung on the mantle.

This picture shows a very high end living space. The ceiling alone appears to be either some type of marbleized painting technique or actual marble. The curtains are very simple which is actual quite stunning in this very intricate space. I am surprised at myself for enjoying the paintings in this space, they are somewhat modern and normally I would not agree they look appropriate, but I feel they work very well in this space. I also love the sofa, the entire structure of the piece of furniture is very simple, but yet appropriate.

This space is quite beautiful in my eyes. It demonstrates not only elegance, but it is sophisticated at the same time. The beams above are a dark wood contrasting with the pale walls and the sponged paint technique looks very artistic and European. The furniture is very formal implying that type of space. The chandelier alone is appears to be very high class and intricate.
Contracted from http://www.dezignare.com/newsletter/ceilings.html

No comments: