Monday, September 3, 2007

Negative Space Assignment

This sketch was based off of a Negative space assignment. The instructions were to look at an object through the negative space surrounding it. These two sketches were drawn by looking at the outline of an object rather than the actual object. The first sketch was from enlarged letter Lindsey and I both have, and the second sketch was based off of one of Jayson's egg project trials. This next sketch was an example of two desk chairs that we had in the studio. The first was on a side view and the second was a head on shot with a blanket over the top part of the chair.This was an example of a piece of my artwork from last week. The assignment was to make a blind contour of your hand. I have to say I was slightly disappointed that mine turned out looking nothing like a hand, but I have to say at least it is unique.

6 comments:

Sarah Ladd said...

Hi Tiffany,
I especially like 2 of your drawings. The egg project has fun geometric shapes and lots of interior negative space. Looks kind of like an origami sailboat! And I really like the blanket on your chair. With just a few contour lines you managed to give a sense of softness. Nice! Just a hint--I found that if I import my scanned images to photoshop I can rotate them so no one has to turn their computer sideways to see them.

Melody said...

Your hand is amazing and one of my favorites. I remember it from when we hung them all on the wall. I love how it became completely abstract when you drew it. It say "hand and so much more"

sarabeth zales said...

You're blind contour is so unique..even though it might not look like a hand, it is still a very cool drawing!

Missy said...

your blind contour of your hand is really interesting.. kind of funny too. not looking at the paper for 30 can make some interesting peices!

two + kitty said...

oh i love this one! its so fun and abstract! i love how the whole thing doesn't even fit on the page!

Sara said...

This hand is great!!! It is so funny to look at something after you've drawn it, thinking you have kept it under control, only to find that it is everywhere on the page!! I really like this one.